What is the QC Inspector position like:
You will be a part of a crucial team in the production of our paintballs! Quality Control Inspectors will Inspect the product, check symmetry, size, shape and other factors. You will also Perform drop test & fridge tests (if specified) for every lot produced. Other tasks include:
- Assist with the QC Lead to ensure quality standards are met:
- Ensure the shells are not blown out.
- Ensure the physical appearance of the paintball by inspecting for defects.
- Ensure that the right filling is in the right shell. Sample testing from batches.
- Fill in the database on the QC of each lot of paint. Drop test results and also yield reports are created by data entry of results from QC testing.
- Document results of trials in a formal report.
- Assist in any trial or R&D batch that needs special attention and data to evaluate a process or product.
- Perform quality audits, perform department audits.
- Verify & match the correct labels/product specifications.
- Perform hardness checks and release all the finished product from the drying tunnels based on hardness specifications. Hardness testing for each rack.
- Pull racks out of the tunnels and place them against the wall after the product has been tested and released.
- Gather all the documentation and archive it in a filing system when all the lot is complete.
- Assist the packaging department to help out in any packaging function as determined by the workload.
Why you’ll love working at Kore Outdoor:
- Wages & Benefits: Earn a competitive salary and benefits package when part of the Kore Outdoor team!
- Team oriented environment: Work is a lot more engaging when you are part of a team with great people!
- Career path: Many of our entry-level positions have a clear path to leadership positions in Production, Operations, Maintenance and other fields. See where your Kore Outdoor adventure can take you!
The QC Inspector position is made up of 12-hour shifts, 3 & 4 days per week.
We also have day & night schedules (including premiums for nights).
Lunch break + 2 paid breaks.
What it’s like inside the Industrial Suite:
- We put employee safety at the forefront. You’ll have wear safety shoes, any other relevant PPEs.
- The dress code is relaxed with Kore Outdoor Apparel given out during your first week.
- You’ll be active your whole shift. Your task will require standing in one place for long periods, maneuvering around the racks.
- We monitor the temperature and humidity as to not compromise the product. The industrial suite is kept at around 20°C. Which is perfect to wear either t-shirts or long sleeves.
You will also be asked to:
- Work with minimal supervision
- Multi-task and control priorities
- Use your time management skills
- Stand for 12 hours
Other than creating exciting products with great people, the perks & benefits of being a Kore Outdoor employee include competitive benefits that support employees and their families.
- Performance Related Increases within the first year of employment
- Attendance Bonus
- Referral Bonus
- Extended health, dental and life insurance
- Registered Retirement Savings Program (RRSP)
- Employee assistance program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Paid time off
- Casual dress
- On-site parking